Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Frugal Finds - J*O*Y

This card was fun to make.  I had a Frugal Finds assignment on Practical Scrappers to find a way to use Christmas decor in a different way.

At first I was thinking of using an ornament, or maybe garland on a layout. However, this seemed to obvious to me.  For some reason I kept going back to wanting to do something with ornament hooks.  

This is what I came up with...


I used gold ornament hooks, which I bent, and then hooked them together to form a chain.

These were not the easiest things to adhere to the card stock.  I tried a couple of different glues that ended up making my fingers sticky but did not keep the hangers on the paper.  So, I finally settled on sewing them on.  Each hook has a stitch of gold thread holding it in place.

The green circles are card stock that I punched into circles, embossed with my Cuttlebug, and then distressed with green ink from Close to My Heart.

JOY 
is made from preprinted chipboard letters from K&Company and finished off with a baker's twine bow.


No comments:

Post a Comment