Friday, April 5, 2013

My Mind's Eye - My Girl

This month I am privileged to start my stint as a designer with the The Scrapbooking Studio in Bloomington. As my first assignment, I was lucky to work with My Mind's Eye's My Girl line.  I was a little nervous at first,  wondering what in the world I was going to do with all of these busy papers.  But, the truth is, once I started, I loved them!  They are so fun to work with!

First up, I did this card.  the background is a craft-core cardstock that I embossed with my Cuttlebug and then  lightly sanded to bring out the hexagon pattern.  All of the embellishments are from the My Girl collection, I simply strung a piece of  orange and white baker's twine through the button holes.


Second is a one page layout.  The background is a piece of gray cardstock that I sprayed with pink mist.  The ruffles along the bottom are simply punched circles that I layered.  The camera cut out is just one of the many adorable cut outs in this line.


This one paged layout was done my using a few different patterned papers from the line.  I cut the chevron paper to make a fun border.  The bicycle is from the many chipboard pieces available.  The butterflies are actually white that I misted gray and added a piece of baker's twine for color.


This was the most fun for me.  I started with a raw chipboard sign and then covered it with paper using Mod Podge and then added a bunch of adorable My Girl embellishments.







I am really happy with the way these turned out.  I wasn't sure I would be able to hang with the awesome designers at The Scrapbooking Studio, but I think I did okay.  ;)

My last post was also from the My Girl line, check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment