Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Writing with baker's twine

As part of the Practical Scrappers design team, I was challenged this week to do something with baker's twine.  I decided to use the twine to write the word "hello" on a simple, any occasion card.


I started with a plain white card.  I then added a lavender mat cut about a 1/4 inch smaller on each side than the card. The bird paper is by The Paper Studio and again cut about a 1/4 inch smaller than the mat.  The white stripe is a white scrap of cardstock cut the same length as the bird paper.

The sentiment is first matted with lavender cardstock. I then used a scrap of brown metallic cardstock cut about a 1/4 inch smaller on each side and used a punch to round the corners.

"hello" was first written on a piece of paper, and then covered in waxed paper.  I then wet the twine with watered down white glue and traced the written word with the twine. After drying, I used glue to attach it to the cardstock.  

I finished the card off with some stitching, and some small embellishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment