Tuesday, August 20, 2013

10 Things Eyelets

I know I have been kind of MIA lately, sorry about that.  There is so much end of Summer craziness around here between the kids ready for school, work, showing goats, and last minute trips, sometimes crafting unfortunately is put on the back burner.

This week though, I was asked to do a project for Practical Scrappers using eyelets.  I have used eyelets in the past but it had been a long time and I wanted to do something I had never done before.  

I have been loving altered projects the last few months so I decided to do another.  This week I worked on a recipe box using a premade box and paper from Studio Calico's Sundrifter Collection that I picked up at The Scrapbooking Studio, in Bloomington, IL.

I first cut a strip of paper to fit along the edge of the box and then added a border of silver eyelets.  I then Hodge Podged the paper to the box and followed by covering the rest of the box.

It turned out like this...




This box will soon be used on my kitchen counter.  I hope you are inspired to use eyelets in your next project!  Thanks for looking!

Leslii


No comments:

Post a Comment