Friday, August 2, 2013

Premade Flowers

The 10 things challenge on Practical Scrappers this week was using premade flowers.  

I made an 8x10 sign for my friend who was married last year and recently moved into a new house.

I started with a blank 8" by 10" canvas and used two different shades of brown ink to distress the edges of both the canvas and the paper I would be attaching to the canvas.  

The paper background is an adorable paper from Studio Calico's Sun Drifter Collection. 

The letters were cut on my Cricut using the Type Candy Font cartridge.

And then, of course is the flower.  I chose a natural canvas flower.  I then frayed the edges a bit and used the chocolate ink to add some brown to the canvas.  The flower was still plain so I used a small premade tule flower and a chocolate brown button to add a little interest to the center.  


I am loving the small block letters that are popular right now so I used them to add the family name and established year to the sign.


I am happy with how it turned out and my friend and her husband really seemed to like it too - that is what mattered most to me!

Thanks for checking out my blog today!

Leslii

No comments:

Post a Comment