Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Star Wall Hanging

I made this somewhat rustic wall hanging to put on top of my kitchen cabinets.  Practical Scrappers was challenging me to use stars this week and boy did I use a lot of stars!


I started with a 12"x12" canvas.  

The next layer was a piece of paper from American Crafts Mayberry Collection that I picked up at The Scrapbooking Studio in Bloomington.  

I then cut out an 11" star using my Cricut and the Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge set on RolyPoly.  The small stars are also a patterned paper from the Mayberry Collection.  I used both sides of a single sheet and cut out 1 inch stars.  After adhering the small stars to the large stars, I added stitching using a white gel pen.

I finished the project with a "frame", brown sititching, and brads in the corners.

Thank you for looking!
Leslii

No comments:

Post a Comment